Urgent Farm Manager Job Opening
- Organization Name : Tyson Foods Local Grain Services
- Post Name : Farm Manager
- Qualification : Any Graduate
- Industry : Private
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Work Hours : 8 Hours
- Job Experience : 2+ Year
- Salary : CAD 22 To CAD 26 Per Hour
- Location : Springdale, Arkansas, United States 72762
We have two overriding goals at Tyson Local Grain Services – to build strong relationships with farmers and keep local grain local. It’s why Tyson, a company that’s been buying grain since the 1930s, started the LGS program in late 2015. The result? Local farmers and economies benefit, and we get the best grain possible to feed our chickens. Today it’s easier than ever to sell your grain to us. Let us show you how.
Tyson LGS started with the idea that buying corn directly from farmers allows the money we spend on grain to stay in local communities, while feeding our chickens the highest quality grain available. It’s a win for all of us. We’re ready to put our expertise and passion for the farm to work for you.
Our goal is to build strong and lasting relationships with the farmers who sell their grain to us. With our mission to keep local grain local and your commitment to provide the best grain possible, together we’ll help feed the world.
We are searching for a manager with good business sense to join our team. The farm manager’s responsibilities include monitoring staff, crops, and livestock, purchasing supplies, preparing budgets and reports, and ensuring maximum profit. You should be able to maintain professional networks and keep abreast of developments in agricultural science.
To be successful as a farm manager, you be detail-oriented but also keep the bigger picture in mind. Outstanding candidates are keen problem solvers who are focused on efficiency and take a hands-on approach to management.
Farm managers are responsible for obtaining better yield and profitability by deciding on the crops, livestock management and production, plan farming activities, supervise other staff, planting, spraying crop protection chemicals, harvesting the crops, marketing and selling crops, documentation of all details.
Farm Manager Responsibilities
- Analyzing existing operations, crops, livestock, staff, and financial documents and recommending improvements.
- Preparing plans and schedules for planting and harvesting and ensuring staff understands expectations.
- Visiting the different divisions to inspect crops, livestock, and also perform tests on soil and water.
- Ensuring seeds, fertilizers, pesticides, and other supplies are regularly restocked.
- Scheduling repairs, maintenance, and replacement of equipment and machinery.
- Handling the marketing and sale of products produced on the farm like fruit, vegetables, dairy, meat, and grain.
- Ensuring all staff adheres to health and safety regulations.
- Assisting with the recruitment and training of new staff members.
- Collaborating with senior staff to prepare budgets and financial reports.
- Building professional networks and keeping abreast of developments in agricultural science.
Farm Manager Requirements
- A passion for agriculture.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- The ability to make decisions in stressful environments.
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work overtime as required.
Farm Manager Skills
- Strong organisational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Effective communication with people of various backgrounds.
- Flexibility (in terms of work hours and being able to respond to unexpected happenings on the farm)
- Teamwork and leadership skills.
- Decision-making skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Good communication.
- Analytical skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- IT skills.
- The ability to apply technical knowledge of the environment and legislation/public policy matters in a practical environment.
- Marketing and sales skills.
Farm Manager Benefits
- Paid housing.
- Paid sick time.
- Relocation assistance.
- Employee discount.
- Paid time off.
- Life insurance.
- 401(k) matching.
- Prescription drug insurance.
- We do not promise a job or an interview in exchange for money
- Research the job and the company details on the internet before you apply for any job
- Note: There are no shortcuts to success in a career you should struggle a lot to
- Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams. If any HR is asking for money and assuring you to get a job then we will suggest not to go with that instead move out and look for another company job.